The Law’s Relation to Sin – Romans 7:1-13
Sigourney First Baptist Church
October 13, 2019
I. Dead to the Law, Married to Christ
Paul refers to law over seventy times in Romans, with various meanings.
- The Law God gave to Moses, which condemns (Romans 3:19).The Torah, or Pentateuch, including the Ten Commandments.
- The law in general. Usage may include any code of law, but Paul probably refers to the Mosaic Law.
- The Old Testament as a whole. Law refers to quotes from the Psalms, Ecclesiastes, and Isaiah in Romans 3:10-19.
- A principle. For example, the “law of gravity”, or a controlling power.
- Inner law of conscience.
- Rules made and enforced by government.
II. Sin is the enemy within us.
Rev. Burt Schwab