Genesis 1&2 give us the biblical account of creation as was recorded by Moses. The creation account found in the Bible is disputed and discussed by both Christians and non believers alike. The Bible does not prove its accuracy about creation it just states it as a fact. On the other hand, secular scientists have not proven various theories of the origin of matter but many of them make statements that are to be accepted as fact.
As you read and contemplate Genesis 1&2 ask yourself these discussion questions;
- Is the creation account important to the Christian faith? Why or why not?
- What is some insight into the nature of God that can be found in the creation account?
- In Genesis 2:15-17 we read about a tree of knowledge. Why do you think God would create something off-limits to humans?
- Genesis 2:18-20 records that Adam was given the responsibility to name all the animals. This suggests that his job was to study them, identify their traits, and assign them a descriptive name. Does this suggest that God ordained science?
- What, in your opinion, is the significance of woman being created from a part of man?
Your feedback on these questions are highly valued. Please know this is a safe site for honest discussion.
Next session will be on Genesis chapter 3.
Rev. Burt Schwab